Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Mizuno Wave Rider 13

Gentlemen start your engines... Finally I broke down and changed running shoes from the Mizuno Wave Rider 11 to the upgraded version the Wave Rider 13. I will admit I am one stubborn creature of habit. I guess there was some sentimental value in the old 11's because they got me to Boston and they ran with me at Boston. However, after searching the internet extensively and coming up empty-handed, as well as emailing mizunoUSA directly and offering to buy up to a dozen of their unsold leftover models, I finally conceded victory. The 2007 Wave Rider 11 has been laid to rest and is among the running god's in a better place. The sole's soul has gone.

OUT WITH THE OLD
AND IN WITH THE NEW

I was actually entertaining a move to Asics because of their overwhelming popularity but it appears that Mizuno has the highest arches in their neutral shoes, which is a dealmaker everytime because I got family from St.Louis...
It seems I was able to buy enough of the older model to infact jump an entire generation of Wave Riders and bypass the 12's. I intend to make friends quickly with the 13's and hopefully buyout their brothers and sisters at discounted prices in the months to come. The first pair was free thanks to the race this weekend, makes me wonder.. Is this what Ryan Hall must feel like? Hmm... no job, free shoes, oh wait I got kids, and soo happy for the fact we do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home