Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Follow the Boston Marathon LIVE!

I could make it easy on everyone and simply run with the leaders up front, this way the television coverage would keep everyone updated as to my progress but unfortunately my nagging achilles injury has forced me to run with the masses... or something like that. ;^)

There are two ways in which to follow a participant in the marathon on Monday 4.19.10 @ 10:00 am EST  Michael Kahn #2194

    1.   The "face" of the Boston Marathon website will change on race day and the process of how to search will be clear.  http://www.bostonmarathon.com/ This will give updates every 5-kilometers of the course.

and/or   

    2.    TEXT - Simply send the word RUNNER to 31901 using your US mobile phone*. Your fans will then receive an SMS text response with instructions on how to submit a runner's bib number. (*Message and data rates may apply. 8-10 messages. Send STOP to quit. Available on participating carriers AT&T, Alltel, Boost, Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon, and Virgin.)
Updates by text given at the following checkpoints:    Starting-line - 10k - Half-Marathon - 30k - Finish
  Realistically, looking at my training and other factors I would put my goal time between 3hrs and 3:10 ?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home