Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm a father.. AGAIN!!!



Ryder Elliot Kahn was born last Monday January 18th, at 10:43am.
What an unbelievable feeling to be the father of two sons. I am writing this as I am waiting to feed him for his midnight snack. He was born a little earlier than we expected but we realize that he was right on time according to the watch in the sky.
He looks like he is already forecasting a 4 minute mile as he throws up the four digits on his left hand. :)
As I was spending a lot of time in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit this past week it sort of changed my perspective on reality and gave me an exact dose of what I needed. Everyone in there is able to witness the miracle of life each waking moment and through so many babies. I, like many others, often forget where I came from and how I used to be just as little as the occupants of those little beds in that nursery. However, somewhere along the way I began to impose my will on things when the reality is that we are not in control. You'd be hard-pressed to walk out of that place and not have a renewed understanding and appreciation of life. We are all miracles and God don't make no junk!

As far as my training during this past week, I feel that I have done well to get some running in and not fall out of shape entirely. I am still on track to hit 200+ miles for January while averaging 50 miles per week fo the month.
The real challenge approaching Boston is to up the mileage in the coming months and avoid any injuries in the process. I already have a soreness in my right hamstring/butt that has been sort of nagging me this past week. When its all said and done.. January 2010 wasn't about running at all; it was about loving, and I am truly excited to embark on the adventure of parenthood with two beautiful boys in Milo and Ryder. I pray that I can be both an understanding father and a loving role-model.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2010 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You are both and a good husband.love u

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home