Monday, October 26, 2009

Jacksonville 10 miler



first mile 6:00
they had digital clocks at each mile!! This was a well run race thru a beautiful cemetery with pumpkins lining the way on each side of the course.

2nd mile 12:18
4th mile 24:32
5th mile 31:00 even

felt good but wasnt sure how I'd hold up- I had done the math and felt sub 1:05 was in the bag now I was gunning for sub 1:04
mile 7 - I began running with a guy named tim.. we were talking smack back and forth..
like What's your name Tim? Oh great I just wanted to know which name was going to be behind me in the results. Or, What brings you to JAX? I came here to kick Tim's ass. haha

this was a blast! It made the finish fun.
8th mile 50:00 flat. Woohoo two miles left and I know I can go sub 1:04 w/ 2 sub 7min miles
9th mile 56:17 - me and tim are cookin thru the course pickin off a lot of people lovin it.
I kicked hard @ 9.5 and got Tim off my tail.. finished strong
1:02:19 unofficially.. this brings the sub 60min - 10 mile goal within reach mentally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home