Monday, March 29, 2010

Two-a-days

Boston is exactly 3 weeks from today and my injury has finally subsided enough to where I can run without pain.  Unfortunately, I was forced to take 3 weeks off due to this achilles tendon issue. I have decided to condense time frames and try to run Two-a-days in an effort to make up for lost training time. Is this a good idea? Who knows? I do run the risk of injury again, but I gotta roll the dice because I refuse to finish in 5 hours and have that go down as my first Boston "experience."
I am not sure what my goal time will be at this point but after these next two weeks I am hopeful that I can get into near 3 hour marathon shape. I do not expect a PR of sub 2:56:30, however, I am looking to go low at this years Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN on June 19th. BTW, I am looking forward to meeting Hal Higdon, Kara Goucher, and Dick Beardsley at the Expo.  :)
In God's Economy nothing goes to waste. So perhaps this wasn't my ideal training schedule leading up to Boston which included a glute strain, achilles pain, and a stomach virus. Yet what I have learned in the process is an introduction to two-a-days. Otherwise, I don't believe I would have been compelled to put my body through this ridiculous training regiment. Perhaps 100 miles a week is not so unimaginable when you can run 7 miles both morning and night for 98 miles in a week. I continue to fill my body with Recovery Drinks, Lean Protein, and lots of food.
Boston bound...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home