Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Miner's Run - Charlotte Running Club

Finally, several months after becoming a member of the Charlotte Running Club, I had my first official group run. For some reason my initiation to the group was the 5:30am "Miner's Run"..YAWN! thru some of the local Greenways in South Charlotte.

This was a great experience and I intend to do it again very soon. While I didn't have my own headlamp, there were plenty of other runners there to light the way for the rest of us.. Note - The guy on the right wasn't one of them, unfortunately.

It is amazing to me that I have run and trained in the past running alone more often than not. The energy and conversations of a group setting can be both distracting as well as intriguing while the miles seem to just clip off effortlessly, well almost. I finished off this mornings run with my second ever "deuce in the woods." That's right, when "nature's calling" I am getting very accustomed to fertilizing some local plant life.

Good things are sure to come from running with faster folks and plugging the minds of some of the most elite runners in the city while sharing our common passion on a morning run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home